Diversity Dance Party
Crescent Heights Village BIA is proud to present #diversitydanceyyc – an interactive social celebration of diversity in Crescent Heights and beyond!
In partnership with the Crescent Heights Community Association and the Calgary Foundation’s Stepping Stones grant, we commissioned a spectacular new mural on the corner of 12th Ave. and Centre St. N.W. on the Papa John’s building’s north wall. Designed by Rawry & Pohly to provide an anchor location for our dance party, community members from Crescent Heights and beyond helped bring the vision to fruition in spectacular form. Inspired by Keith Haring, the mural features dancing kiwi birds in a rainbow of colours and a spotlight in which to bust a move.
Here’s the low-down on #diversitydanceyyc:
- Make your way to the Diversity Dance Party mural.
- Bust a move.
- Have a friend or random friend-to-be film your fancy footwork.
- Upload to social media using the hashtag #diversitydanceyyc.
- Challenge your friends to join the party and match your moves.
- Wait to hear if you’ve won one of our weekly prize draws for participants!
For extra entries, tag @CrescentHeightsVillage, @CHCAYYC, @CalgFoundation and @RawryandPohly
Watch here and on social media for weekly prize draws.
You can find us at all of these fine social establishments: