Join the businesses of Crescent Heights BIA on Centre St. North for some art, music, shopping and fun at the second annual Trunk Show and Sale. See something you’ve never seen before, share some great food and shopping and stroll along one of Calgary’s most historic Main Streets taking in Calgary’s talented artists and makers. Centre St. between 7th and 14th Avenues N.
Saturday, July 23, 2022 – 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday, August 20 – 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday, September 17, 2022 – 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Call for Volunteers
Crescent Heights Village BIA is looking for some fun-loving, local-supporting, arts-digging rockstars to help pull off three trunk show and sale events this summer. Duties range from set-up to pick-up and delivery to errand running to vendor relations and more. We’re looking for folks 18+ who can commit to at least four hours on any of the dates above.
Frequently asked questions
On Centre St. N between 7th and 13th Avenues – Crescent Heights Village BIA. We will provide the meet-up location in the volunteer package to be distributed in the week leading up to the show.
July 23, August 20 and September 17
11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- July 23 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- July 23 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Aug 20 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Aug 20 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Sept 17 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Sept 17 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
You could be assigned any of the following roles. Do let us know if there’s something you’re not comfortable doing.
- Block captain a.m.: You will help the vendors load in and out of their spots. You will have a map of who goes where and instructions on how to direct traffic. You serve as the main point of contact between the vendors and the BIA. You will need a cellphone and be able to read instructions and a basic map. People with limited mobility or physical challenges can be a fit for this job. Let us know what accommodations you’d need.
- Block Captain p.m.: You will help the vendors and performers safely tear down their displays and direct traffic as they exit the show area. This role is best suited to a strong communicator who is comfortable physically directing cars and people.
- Runner: This is basically running errands throughout the day from dropping of cheques to picking up vouchers, relaying messages, etc. It’s a “variety is the spice of life” job and is well suited to someone who is a good communicator and can get from one place to another quickly. People in motorized wheelchairs or scooters could be well suited to this position assuming they can carry small objects with them (there won’t be anything too heavy). You will need a cellphone.
- Set-up: You will help us place signage, barricades and pylons to safely direct traffic around the trunk show. This will be best suited to someone who can lift up to 50 lbs. and carry larger objects.
- Teardown and Clean-up Crew: This role takes down pylons and barricades opening the parking lanes back up to traffic. You will also be provided with clean-up gear that will allow you to safely pick up litter and place it in garbage/recycling bins throughout the BIA. It’s best suited to someone who can work quickly, lift up to 50 lbs and carry larger objects.
- You will have access to public washrooms at a business near your station.
- You will have access to a volunteer hub where you can take your 20-minute break to rest during your four-hour shift.
- You will be provided with a food and beverage voucher to a select group of BIA restaurants to enjoy during or after your shift.
- You will be provided with an orientation/training session before your shift to ensure you have all of the knowledge and materials you need to do your work safely and effectively.
- You will be provided with a volunteer kit with resources and tokens of our appreciation.
We go rain or shine. We will send information in your volunteer kit on how to handle inclement weather.
I want to volunteer!
Cooperators Perma Insurance Trunk Show in Crescent Heights Village is proudly sponsored by: